Liebster Award – I Got Nominated!

liebster award

So I got nominated for the Liebster award by my home girl Grace of Epiphany29 and New love Praise of Mystylelookbookseries. Thank you so much ladies, I’m here feeling all cute!! Foreal 😀 This is about to be a lengthy one so grab a smoothie!

The Liebster Award is a fun way to recognize and promote new up and coming blogs of a good standard and the rules are pretty simple. All you have to do is…

• Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award.
  •  Display the Liebster Badge on your site.
  •  Answer the questions you were sent.
  •  Choose 5 (to 11) blogs to nominate.
  •  Send 10 questions for your nominees to answer.

AWARD ACCEPTED.

Here are the questions asked from Grace and my answers 🙂

1. What inspired the start of your blog?

I can’t particularly point it to one thing but let’s say i wanted to share my opinions to others (because my friends are tired of my constant blabbing), an excuse to go around and take pictures and most importantly to inspire at least one person. It brings some form of fulfillment.

2. Got any pet peeves?

LOL this might turn to a long list so let me summarize-

When people are late(parties are exceptions) or make me run late because I’m waiting for them.

Unnecessarily shortened words/people that say ‘pixs’.

Slow Cashiers.

People who ask questions during movies.

3. Do you consider yourself an extrovert or introvert?

Both. Depends on who i’m with, where i am or my mood. I can go from dead silence to a bubbly pain in your ass.

4. If you could change anything about yourself what would it be?

I want to be cliche and say ‘ohh nothing, I love myself the way i am” but blehh i want to be taller fam and some extra booty uno. That would be nice.

5. How would you describe your personal style?

My style is constantly evolving but for now I’ll say comfortable with an edge.

6. What’s your favorite time of the day and why?

Evenings!!! Just because! And most of all the fun stuffs happens in the evening. Getting up in the morning just means less sleep and i ain’t about that life. sorry

7. Do you ever get “writer’s block,” and, if so, how do you deal with it?

Definitely. I take several seats. Binge watch series, dance to my fav jams and just be occupied with everything other than writing. After all these, inspiration definitely comes.

8. What would be the first thing you’d do if you won the lottery?

Pay my tithe!! Gotta pay your tithe’s people of the Lord.

9. Which talent don’t you have but want?

I envy badass sketch artists. I can do illustrations but you know Illustration pass illustration lmao. It’s just like God why uno giv…gi..g…ughh

10. What inspires new ideas for your blog?

From movies that i watch to gist i hear and really random things. I try to get inspiration from anything.

11. Three words that best descibes you?

Crazy (like good crazy), Nonchalant (I can’t be bothered about so many things) & Hustler (Gotta make that money so that our kids can be on the next#LagostoLondon)

Guys, did that program on a low make you think about your life for just one second? lol

Questions from Praise & my answers

When did i start blogging?

I started blogging May 2013 (Chai, i’ve tried) on my previous blog OfficialFantasy but moved to Toyinwithfashion September 2015.

What do you prefer for breakfast?

Pancake and Peanut butter, Plantain, Sausages and Fresh juice (If only i had as much time in the morning before exiting to school)

If you were to visit two celebrities who would they be?

Jay R Ellis (because he’s my bae and he don’t even know)

Rihanna (Just because i want her wardrobe and maybe she cant infect me with that rock-anything-and-slay fever!)

What’s your best quote?

I have so many quotes for different occasions so yeah. I just added this to the list today >>”Never let what you feel make you forget what’s real. Facts over feelings. Don’t let your emotions overpower your intelligence.”

Who’s your favorite writer and why?

I read- medical textbooks lmao so yeah no time for novels but the few i’ve gotten my hands on i’ll say Ted Dekker because really who wouldn’t love his work?

What country would you love to visit and why?

They are plenty mbok. Paris because i want to take a picture by the Eiffel tower 😀

If you were to stay at home all day, what would you do?

Sleep, sleep and sleep. Then maybe watch series and take ice cream 😀

What movie have you seen that made you cry?

lol my thug life won’t let me cry

What have you done before that you wish you never did?

I’m not sure..can’t think of anything.

I nominate

Benny of Bennymakachi

Dami of TheShakaraGirl

Yaneshope of Yanikeur

Collins of Thestreethaute

Kachi of Kacheetee

Bukky of Pagesbybukky

Nowo of Adenowoseyi

Moyin of Bethfayemi

Questions

1. What is your favorite nickname and is there a story behind it?
  2. Current favorite tv series?
  3. Are you part of the PB and J (Peanut butter and Jelly) fam? If not, what would you rather?
  4. What do you think is your selling point? (The one D Prince was talking about in ‘Goody Bag’)
  5. When did you finally glow?? Any tips for us that need deh glow? (Share a pre-glow & post-glow picture!)
  6. Favorite hangout place atm?
  7. Should a birthday celebrant be the one to foot the bill or the guests pay for themselves?
  8. Whose wardrobe would you rather? Annalise Keating from ‘HTGAWM‘, Cookie Lyon from ‘EMPIRE‘ or Jessica Pearson from ‘SUITS
  9. If you could have one super power, what would it be and why?
  10. Do you still watch cartoons? If yes, which one is your favorite?
  11. To me, Falz will always be ‘Sege from Jenifa’s Diary’ lmao and i can’t take him seriously. What about you?

In other news, my birthday is next week (June 21st) and i don’t have an idea of how i’ll be spending the day yet 🙁 Any ideas?? Epp me, i can’t sit in my house.

Have a lovely week ahead people!

L A D E

31 Comments

• Gracey June 12, 2016 at 8:03 pm

Your answers though. I laughed. Happy birthday in advance love.

Epiphany29.com
    Tips on how to up your bargaining skills

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde June 12, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Glad you enjoyed reading them!! Thanks love

• Collins June 12, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Thank you for the nomination! I appreciate it. Sadly, I’ll be spending my birthday reading. It’s after exams start.

Thestreethaute.wordpress.com

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde June 12, 2016 at 8:25 pm

Me sef i might or might not have class on mine, fingers crossed. Good luck in your exams!

• Moyin June 12, 2016 at 10:35 pm

I really loved your answers. Thank you for nominating me. So, we share birth month, mine is June 17. It’s a pity I won’t be home for my birthday though. I’ll probably celebrate during the holiday.

Beth fayemi’s blog

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde June 13, 2016 at 1:10 pm

Ayee june-star, yes we do. Coolies

• bennymakachi June 12, 2016 at 11:27 pm

You are a cute piece of work you know. Your answers had me… “thug life won’t let me cry”. Thanks for the nomination, hun. xx

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde June 13, 2016 at 1:11 pm

lmaoo its the way this thug life is set up uno! Love you :-*

• Yanikeur June 13, 2016 at 2:18 am

Hey Love thanks for nominating me it Sichuan honore im really glad You did i Will try to put a post as soon as i finish my exams it starting n’est week thank You once again

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde June 13, 2016 at 1:12 pm

Aww good luck with your exams, will be expecting your post!

• Lhurve June 13, 2016 at 8:25 am

Haha, I feel you on the bigger booty thing. We’ll get there IJN
    Lhurve Davies Blog

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde June 13, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Likeeee, AMEN!

• Praise Abu June 13, 2016 at 9:23 am

I enjoyed reading your answers. Happy birthday in advance sweety. In case you don’t come up with any good ideas on how to spend your big day. Just do want I always do on my birthdays have fun, you don’t need to go all out by planning something big. Take lots of pictures, I’ll definitely love to see them.

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde June 13, 2016 at 1:15 pm

Thank you baby girl!! I will take loads of pictures don’t worry- that one is sure thing lol

• Adenowo Oluwaseyi ( NOWO: The BLOG) June 13, 2016 at 4:54 pm

LoL! I found your answers really funny. Thanks for nominating me : *

• Adenowo Oluwaseyi ( NOWO: The BLOG) June 13, 2016 at 4:59 pm

As for you birthday, I suggest that you give yourself a treat. Spoil yourself. I’m sure there’s that shoe or dress or desert you’ve been eyeing that you might not necessarily need. My sisteh, here’s the chance to get it.

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde June 16, 2016 at 6:27 am

YASS…spoil myself it is! Thank you dear

• The Cocopolitan June 13, 2016 at 8:42 pm

People who walk slowly or stop suddenly (especially when i’m rushing) in the middle of the sidewalk. MOVE.Unnecessarily shortened words/people that say ‘pixs’.

These !!!! Lmao! ugggh ‘Move it’!

This was interesting!

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde June 16, 2016 at 6:27 am

haha, thanks for reading Mary!

• Amaka June 14, 2016 at 1:21 pm

Lol. I had fun reading this. Happy Birthday in advance girl! Was born in June too. 🙂

amakamedia.com

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde June 16, 2016 at 6:27 am

ayee june sis, thanks dear

• KacheeTee June 14, 2016 at 3:21 pm

I actually loved reading your answers Toyin! And people that say ‘Pixs’, my goodness!! As for the #LagostoLondon show… Hmmm.
    Thanks for nominating me. Hopefully, I’ll get round to sharing my answers soon!
    KacheeTee.com
    4 Perfectly Do-able Traditions for (Young) Couples

• KacheeTee June 14, 2016 at 3:26 pm

I just went to your old blog and saw the post when you moved and realised I’ve always thought of Toyin as your first name. Ma binu. I actually like what you need with the name! Toyin’WithFashion

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde June 16, 2016 at 6:29 am

hahaha, at first when i read comments i’m like ‘okay dad, they talking to you not me’ but i’ve gotten accustomed to it already, i think. Can’t wait to read your answers!!

• Evita June 14, 2016 at 11:08 pm

Hey Lade. Your answers got me laughing for real.lol! And your best quote just became one of my best quotes. June babies have this bubbly personality and you’re no exception. For your birthday, you can cook a special meal for yourself and a few friends or go see a really funny movie. Happy birthday in advance.

evitaspeaks.blogspot.com

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde June 16, 2016 at 6:30 am

yaay, i’m glad!! Thank you girl!!

• TANG June 15, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Lmao! Your answers to Grace’s questions though! I think I found my blogger twin! By the way, when are you coming in? Happy birthday in advance girl.
    wumituase.wordpress.com

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde June 16, 2016 at 6:31 am

whutt? we twins? Imma put that in mind now haha..thank you love!! and story for later my school just screwed me 🙁

• Thonia June 15, 2016 at 3:06 pm

Loool girl you are too funny. Nice answers too.

thoniabankz.com

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde June 16, 2016 at 6:32 am

lol i try!! 😀

• Joy June 17, 2016 at 4:06 am

Lol @My thug life won’t let me cry. I could not stop smiling at your answers. Nice one. Keep up the good work!