My Ankara Jumpsuit || Supporting Your Friends

jcat beauty

Hello Guys,

It’s been a minute on here and i do hope I’ve been missed lol.

Today’s post is on twoย of my favorite topics – Ankara akaย African Prints and supporting your friends.

I’ve always loved Ankara i.e African prints. It was the sole focus of my clothing line ‘Lade Couture’ when i started it. Right now, I’ve put that on hold due to unavoidable reasons but it’s not gone. It would be back up and running sometime in the near future.

ankara fashion

Once the plan was set for me to have my last Christmas in Nigeria, i knew i mustn’t return without some beautiful prints and outfits for myself.

LOL I mean, someone that goes to Nigeria and doesn’t return with some ankara did that one travel?

ankara jumpsuit

Thanks to my mum who is a major ankara hoarder – It’s really just enter the wardrobe and select a material or ten haha and does she pick the most beautiful fabrics ever??? Absolutely

This was one of the fabrics i got from her and like my father will like to say – ‘You like doing things last minute’

It’s a lie though lol i was just busy trying to enjoy my break so anyway, i only remembered about my ankara mission two weeks before i was to leave and by now i’ll assume you already know the tales on Nigerian tailors and their love for disappointment.

toluwalade toyin kehinde blogger

On a mission to not leave without my cloth -_- I called up my high school friend (@Pearlmarie_ on IG ) who had just recently started her bespoke clothing line that i needed an outfit to be made and did she not come through!!!!

She came to pick up the fabric and i sent her my measurements and a picture of the design i wanted and in one week, my girl came back with my shakara outfit! It fits like a glove and i just love it.

She got the style perfectly and best of it all she’s super affordable!

One thing i wasn’t going to do was ask for any unreasonable discount because i believe if you’re really supporting a friends business you shouldn’t be asking for discount (low-key shading all those that like to ask me for discount -_-), especially it when it’s still on a small scale. Besides, her price is one of the most affordable I’ve seen so far so if you’re in Lagos and want to get anything done, please please just jejeli message my girl before one tailor locks your cloth in her shop for 3 months lool.

You can send her a DM on Instagram @Pearlmarie_

nigerian blogger

nigerian fashion blogger ankara

I took this beautiful baby to the studio and bam, I’m looking like i got a bag of money somewhere

My beautiful hair is a wig by Wigitbylade (a custom handmade wig making service i offer)

You know the best thing about big wigs like this? You can tuck your full head of bum length braids underneath and it doesn’t give off any look of wrong fit. ๐Ÿ™‚

Achieved this lovely face beat with some of the products sent to me by J.cat Beauty which i hope to review soon on the blog.

EYES: Triple Crown Baked Eyeshadow in ‘Grilled Mango’

FACE: Indense Compact Powder in ‘Coffee’

HIGHLIGHTER : You GLOW Girl Baked Highlighter in ‘Pink Goddess ‘

LIPS: Diamond Lust Lipgloss in ‘Gold Flash’

Related – Review of J.cat Beauty Baked Shadow

black blogger model

Can we take a moment to appreciate my white teeth? haha I should be in a tooth paste advert by now or what y’all think?

What are your thoughts on this outfit?

Do you think you should ask for friendly discounts when patronizing your friends business?

Let me know in the comments below ๐Ÿ™‚

21 Comments

• Pearl-Marie June 26, 2017 at 8:39 pm

Awwwwn! Thanks boo .. You slayed the outfit

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde July 8, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Thank you for the amazing outfit!!!

• Jennifer Amani June 27, 2017 at 6:36 am

This is absolutely stunning and lmaooo its true tho if u don’t buy ankara did u travel supporting your friends business is very important as well people don’t know realise โ˜โ˜โ˜. I love the vibrant colours and I feel like you choose the perfect hair style for it.

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde July 8, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Thank you so much Jennifer!!! The hair is one of my favorites ๐Ÿ™‚

• MJ Junior June 27, 2017 at 5:39 pm

This looks like an editorial for a high fashion magazine! I also love how mature/sophisticated this outfit is. Dr Ladz!

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde July 8, 2017 at 12:58 pm

Thank you Junior!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Zinny June 27, 2017 at 7:14 pm

This fabric looks great on you! I also don’t think you should ask for a discount when the price is fair. If you can’t afford it, go elsewhere, I suppose.

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde July 8, 2017 at 12:22 pm

Absolutely!! thanks for stopping by ๐Ÿ™‚

• Meilifisayo June 28, 2017 at 5:44 am

So loving ankara prints and your friend did come through yasss. Hahaha my mum wardrobe is the same hers is just to many lace lol. We need to get this babe on Colgate mate hehe

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde July 8, 2017 at 12:11 pm

lol Guess we can call it a Nigerian mother thing! Issa colgate campaign haha thanks love

• Jolaade June 28, 2017 at 7:21 pm

Loveeeee d jumpsuit nd d fabric z really beautiful too. When friends patronize one’s bizness nd don’t ask for discounts nd u deliver too, mehn i don’t think ud av a problem as an upcoming at least u know while U’re still sorting for more clients ur friends are der to patronize. If only evey friend will be lyk you

• COLLINS BADEWA July 4, 2017 at 8:44 am

Your friend is really good! I love the prints in the Ankara and the jumpsuit is the perfect style for it. I love Ankara materials too but Nigerian tailors will never see what you tell them too. And I have trust issues with them. You shouldn’t ask for discounts unless the offer.

Thestreethaute.wordpress.com

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde July 8, 2017 at 11:43 am

hahaha Nigerian tailors will give you another style and tell you thats what you picked lol.
      Thanks for stopping by Collins

• Memkoh July 8, 2017 at 6:29 pm

LOOOL! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this post…all the jokes and shade. Haba! You look lovely, dear and yes that jumpsuit fits you like a glove! WigitbyLade came through with this hairrr! & Amen on Amenn to supporting friends! I am tayad of preaching the gospel, so join me.

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde July 12, 2017 at 2:58 am

haha gotta throw shade once in a while. Thanks Memkoh! Always appreciate your comments

• Favour July 9, 2017 at 6:33 pm

this is lovely. I’ve missed your blog though.
    Always wanted an ankara jumpsuit and you look really nice in yours.

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde July 12, 2017 at 3:39 am

Thank you Favor!! You can contact my friend to make one for you ๐Ÿ™‚

• Favour Moses Ikechukwu July 13, 2017 at 10:22 pm

The outfit is gorgeous, it fits you perfectly, your friend did a good job.

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde July 14, 2017 at 12:32 pm

Thank you dear!

• Oluchi July 27, 2017 at 7:55 am

Not only is the fabric and style gorgeous, the fit of the cloth is just fantastic. The perfect skin hug if you ask me. Not tight or loose. Your friend got good hands and you got good body!^^

• Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde August 9, 2017 at 1:00 pm