Beginning this month, I’ll be traveling to the Cavite (a province 2hrs away from where i stay) every other day for my hospital rotations but this also means that I’ll be confined to managing my life, blog and business mostly, if not entirely, on my phone.
I’ll absolutely still have to do some final touches to blog posts on my laptop before publishing because the WordPress app doesn’t do all the work i need it to do -_- but most of all the other ‘dirty work’ = photo editing and typing up posts will be done on my phone.
If you know me well, you’ll know i love to edit photos on the go. Can’t waste all that excitement and energy that comes with newly taken instagrammable pictures. I’ve tried out a good number of photo editing apps and while some have been nothing but wonderful waste of space on my phone, others have become instant life savers which i’m sharing with you today.
Either way, these are currently my favorite photo editing apps for on the go freshness and I’m sure there are plenty more amazing apps out there so if you know of any, don’t hold out on me!! All these apps are available for on google play (team android hello) and i guess on itunes too (be sure to check!)
5 PHOTO EDITING APPS FOR BLOGGERS ON-THE-GO
- Lightroom – for enhancing color & noise reduction. Basically, it’s Lightroom but dummy-proof. It’s great for outfit posts and selfies because it allows you to enhance color, reduce noise /smooth skin and also offers a great selection of different kinds of black and white edits. PS: There are various degrees of black and white, get with the program. I can use only this app and i’ll be absolutely fine.
- VSCO- Camera – for photo editing. If you’ve not heard of vsco cam by now it’s either you’re leaving under a rock or well, living under a rock still. This app has amazing filters and most importantly lets you edit so many pictures at once. All you have to do is copy and paste your edits on a previous picture to newly selected ones and boom!
- Photo Wonder – for beauty edits. This one is great for selfies most especially. You can go from a dull face to a full realistic beat face, double up with some eye contacts lol. It also offers nice filters and fixes skin blemishes.
- Photo Grid – For all your collage needs. I mostly like going minimal with my collages and this app is just perfect for it. Offers you different layout options for grids, posters, slide shows, etc
- Textgram – for writing on photos. I used this to insert the text for my recent editorial’s featured image here.
Remember, a great picture is the best foundation you can have for your edits to come out looking bomb.
Focus your energy on taking a great picture, consider things like lightening, position, etc and then let the photo editing apps just be an icing on the cake.
One last thing – you really have to take your time and experiment with these apps to get the best of it. Great photo editing is not just about clicking features on the app. If that was the case then everybody will have amazing pictures. Play around with it and take your time.
Hope you guys enjoy my recommendations on my favorite photo editing apps! I’m always looking to discover more so, if you stumble on any, let’s geek out about it in the comments below.
If you’ll like me to post a step by step process on how i edit my pictures let me also know in the comments below 🙂